Wednesday, December 29, 2010

never grow up

So I was listening to Taylor Swift's new album, Speak Now (will be doing a review asap!), which I am loving the openess so far, and this song called Never Grow Up came up. I paused the album when the song stopped. This got me to think about my life as of right now.
I know I shouldn't be giving up how old I am, but since I've already stated that I'm a junior in high school, you know what needs to be known. I think you can guess my age from the tone of my posts lol. Not the point.
Anyways, I'm stressing about the SATs at the moment and how badly I'm going to do. Well, I'm just nervous about it, even though it's not for another three months. My brother is helping me compile a list of colleges I want to visit. I'm thinking about what I want to be when I grow up, which is a teacher of some sort. I mean my dream is to be a singer-songwriter, but usually plan b is what goes through. I'm thinking all about my future. This made me realize, what about right now?
Why do I have to relish about my future and how great and exciting it's going to be? Why can't I just think about right now? Then, a light bulb went off.
Growing up isn't easy. TRUST ME. But the best thing about growing up is being carefree and not worrying about what's next in life. Growing up is when you are supposed to have fun and look forward to what's next and NOT just the latter. Growing up is about living in the present. Not reminiscing on the past and what could've been or only looking to the future and what lies ahead. Growing up is actually pretty easy. But ever since I got my driver's license, I realized that I'm getting old. I'm not that old, I know, but I'm getting there. Which made me think of how I'm going to college soon, my future career, raising a family, and BOOM! I'm my mom.
WHOA! How'd I get there? What happened to wake up, go to school, go home, play tennis, do homework, play piano/guitar, write a song, go to bed? Does this mean that soon I'll be in some cubicle working some 8-5 job? Is this what I've been building up my future to be? So all this time when I was growing up, I wanted to be grown up and an adult. I couldn't wait for college and freedom. All of a sudden, I can wait for college. I don't have to be an adult. Now that I'm almost 18, I'm almost an adult. Yeah, I get to watch rated R movies without mom or dad, but that means I could get tried as an adult in court, got to pay the bills, get a job, etc. Did not know this is what being an adult meant.
So if you're some kid who happened to stumble on this blog, I am telling you something that you need to know: don't rush to being an adult. I know, you hear this all the time from your parents. But this is coming from a kid just like you. Yeah, I'm a teenager, but I'm still a kid. Being a kid is awesome! You're young, gorgeous, and you probably have amazing skin. and hair. Well, being an adult means being old, good looking-ish, bad, saggy skin, dried out hair, and CELLULITE! Ewwww gross. Don't want that. So enjoy childhood because it won't last. Relish every moment. I swore just yesterday I was a freshman. Now I'm a junior and time flew by fast. Way too fast. Seriously, enjoy the time you have to watch TV. Soon you won't have that time.
Adults, if you are reading this, I now know that you guys were right. This is the best time of our lives, so we should make the most of it. Well I have a challenge for you: make the most of adulthood. Yeah, it goes down after 21, but shouldn't this be the best part of your life? I mean, most of your life, you're an adult, so shouldn't that be the best part? Don't reminisce on when you were young because it will only make you depressed...or super happy idk. Seriously, make the best of what you have. Happiness is the key to an amazing life. So make your life amazing.
As for me, I've chosen to live every day to the fullest for the rest of my life. I've chosen to make my life AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment